INFORMATION WE COLLECTWhile using the Service, in order for us to provide the best possible experience to our users, we collect information including, but not limited to, the following:
Contact Information.We collect your contact information, such as your name, email address and organization, when you fill out our online forms or set up your user account for our Services. We use your contact information to activate your user account, give you access to the Services, and to send you notices about your user account. We may also use your contact information for marketing purposes, such as promotional emails, direct mail and sales contacts. You can opt-out of our marketing communications at any time by unsubscribing or contacting us at email@example.com.
Billing Information.When a User subscribes to our Services, we also collect credit card information and banking information to process payment. Credit card information and banking information is provided directly to our payment processor and is processed in a PCI-compliant manner. We do not keep your credit card or banking information. Note that when credit card or banking information is referred to as being “stored”, this means we have a “token”. The token replaces sensitive information and acts as a non-sensitive placeholder that can be used by the payment processor to reference your credit card or banking information when payments need to be processed.
Device Information.When you access and browse our Services, we collect information about how you are accessing our Services, such as your internet or mobile network connection, your browser or the type of mobile device you are using (if applicable). We use this log and device information to identify how our Services are being accessed and used so we can optimize them. This information is not used to market or send promotions at an individual user level.
- To learn about use of our websites, such as user traffic patterns and the effectiveness of our navigational structure
- To identify email open rates in order to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications or marketing campaigns to clinics
- To allow you to login to secure areas of our Services
- To store your login credentials for easy access to our Services
Social Media.If you login to our Services using a third-party sign-in service, such as Google, Facebook Connect or Twitter, we will receive personal information from those services, such as your name, email address and profile photo, in order to pre-populate our online forms. We also include social media “Like” and “Share” buttons on our websites. These features may collect your IP address and the page you are visiting on our website. They may also set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy policies of the third parties who provide them.
HOW WE USE INFORMATIONWe use the information we collect for the purpose of administering our business including, but not limited to, the following:
- The purposes for which you provided that data (such as receiving in-home care)
- To determine eligibility to use the Service
- To identify you as a user and show you information accordingly
- To fulfill requests made through the Service, including sharing with Users
- To send you information related to the Service; including marketing and promotional purposes; resolve service disputes; troubleshoot problems; inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, events and updates; deliver information to you that, in some cases, is relevant to your interests; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity
- To enable you to receive rewards
- To allow us to personalize and enhance the experience of the Service
- To create anonymous analytics data to help us improve the Service for our users
MAILINGBy using the Service you consent to receiving notifications via email and/or mobile phone notifications and/or SMS about, but not limited to, the following:
- New requests that have been made in the Service
- Changes in our business that relate to you
- Updates in the Service that are important to you
- Reminders about the Service.
SECURITYYour privacy is important to us and we enforce privacy measures to ensure that your personal information is protected. However, please be aware that transfer of data over the Internet comes with its own risks, and thus we cannot guarantee 100% security of your information. We encourage you to take your own security measures, such as:
- Never sharing your password with anyone, including Ayd Cares support representatives
- Remembering to log out of the Service if using on a public computer
- Updating your password regularly
- Having a passcode on your mobile phone and computer
- Never sharing bank or other financial information over the Service.
DISCLOSUREUnder certain circumstances, Ayd Cares may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities. Ayd Cares may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Ayd Cares
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability.